VOICES FROM THE GULAGS
A recent United Nations report concluded that the people of North Korea are the victims of crimes against humanity by their own government. In this video, political prison camp survivor Shin Dong-hyuk urges global attention to the human suffering in North Korea:
Beyond the suffering of ordinary citizens, as many as 130,000 men, women, and children are held as political prisoners in gulags without charges or trial.
Three new Freedom Collection interviews tell incredible stories of fear, survival, and escape from North Korea’s political prison camps. Two interviewees were prisoners themselves. One was a prison guard whose family was sent to the gulags. Share their stories and join us in standing for North Korean freedom:
Freedom Square is the Freedom Collection’s blog about democracy and human liberty.
Most Popular Posts
- INFOGRAPHIC: NORTH KOREA’S REFUGEES
- Download the Freedom Matters! Curriculum
- Lesson 2: The Global Response to Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union
- Promoting Democracy and National Security Go Together
- NEW ON THE FREEDOM COLLECTION: RADWAN ZIADEH