ESCAPING TO FREEDOM: STORIES FROM NORTH KOREA’S REFUGEES
Two new Freedom Collection interviews tell stories of survival, courage, and hope from North Korean refugees. With only one leg and one hand, Ji Seong-ho trekked thousands of miles on homemade crutches to escape North Korea for freedom. Han Nam-su, whose father was executed after criticizing the government, escaped to find a better life.
Freedom Square is the Freedom Collection’s blog about democracy and human liberty.
Most Popular Posts
- A MESSAGE FROM MRS. LAURA BUSH COMMEMORATING VACLAV HAVEL
- President and Mrs. Bush Surprise Lost Boys and Girls of South Sudan
- FREEDOM MATTERS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
- The Paris Attacks: Elliott Abrams on the Changing Nature of Terrorism
- Greatest Threats and Opportunities for Human Freedom in 2016: An Interview with David Kramer